I like Philadelphia, I don’t know that I would put it at the top of my list but interesting. Southern New Mexico is amazing though. I don’t know about being the best place for any given year, but if I had to do a top ten list of places to visit in America in no particular order….
- Boston…..I hate the people 🙂 as a born and raised NYer I can say that haha. But seriously it’s one of the oldest and uniquely American cities, just take a walk around the North End and you’ll see
- San Francisco…..besides being in a perfect location, again totally unique
- Santa Fe or just New Mexico generally….amazing scenery and a blend of hispanic, anglo and native cultures you won’t find anywhere else in the country.
- New Orleans….again, can’t compare it to anywhere else in the States
- The Low Country, Charleston, Savannah and the Sea Islands
- The Oregon Coast….it’s just beautiful. Yea the California coast is great, but Oregon is far less developed and the mountains in a lot of areas come almost right down to the sea, it’s a really rugged beautiful stretch
- For lack of a better name, northern Arizona/southern Utah, the national parks out there are mindblowing, Zion and Bryce, and yes it’s very touristy but the Grand Canyon is still amazing
- Chicago….a true American metropolis
- Coastal Maine, picturesque towns and Portland is a great foodie city
- Hawaii…not Honolulu or Maui, but the Big Island and Kauai
what would be your top ten? post it in the forum